According to the Act respecting health services and social services, the council of physicians, dentists and pharmacists is responsible to the board of directors for:
- controlling and assessing the quality, including the pertinence, of the medical, dental and pharmaceutical acts performed in the centre
- assessing and maintaining the professional standards of the physicians, dentists and pharmacists practising in the centre
- making recommendations on the qualifications and competence of a physician or dentist who applies for appointment or the renewal of an appointment and on the privileges and the status to be granted to him.
The Executive Committee of the Council of Physicians, Dentists and Pharmacists is composed of the following seven members:
- Dr Freydoun Homayounfar, General Surgeon, President
- Dr Pascal Croteau, General Practitioner, Vice-President
- Dr John Wootton, Director of Professionnal Services and General Practitioner, Secretary
- Richard Grimard, Exective Director, Member of office,
- Dr Thomas O'Neill, General Practitionner-Anesthetist, Member
- Dr Paule Willett, General Practitionner, Member
- Dr Sevag Zaroukian, General Practitionner, Member
Reception of four new physicians:
- Dr Kaveh Roustaian, anesthetist
- Dre Yolette Bazile, general practitioner-gynecologist
- Dr Nicolas Michel Sperduto, general surgeon
- Dre Ewa Wesolowska, laboratory.
- Reception of the first two residents in the six-month training program (potential recruitment of one them)
- Renovation of the "Maison Ade" for the residents and students
- Monthly meetings of the Executive, and two annual general meetings
Departure of three itinerant consultants:
- Dr. Christopher Carter, orthopedist
- Dr. Karine Nadeau, gynecologist
- Dr. Benoit Duclos, urologist.
Arrival of three new consultants:
- Dr. Minh Thu Do, ophthalmologist
- Dr. Corey Richards, orthopedist
- Dr. Platon Papadopoulos, orthopedics - return after an absence.
Succession in a few services and departments:
- General Care - Dr. Pascal Croteau replaces Dr. Lucie Mutchmore
- Emergency - Dr. Lucie Mutchmore replaces Dr. Zevag Zaroukian
- Dr. Karen Chambers takes charge of 25 clients in the long-term care unit.
Opinions submitted to the Board of Directors:
- Privileges of new physicians
- Creation of a "triumvirate" to mobilize the physicians in the event of a pandemic.
- Prioritization of intensive care
- Agreement made with the CSSS de Gatineau for improvement of transfers between institutions
- Agreement made with the CSSS de Gatineau for feedback on transfers of traumatology cases
- Negotiations for purchase of an upgraded CT-SCAN
- Approval of collective prescriptions.